Saturday 1 October 2011

A Hovie Huff

Tussock appears to be in a huff with me!  Hovies are famed for their sulks and although she has never been too bad in the past, she is certainly making up for it now.  She'll come out of it.  Whenever Riversong gets too intimate, there's a real grump of a growl - nothing really threatening - just a "bog off and leave me alone you litte upstart who has taken away all my mum's attention from me". Talulah on the other hand is delighted with her new playmate, especially as the latter is showing a bit more feist.  They have been playing tug with lots of vocals to accompany the actions.  It's amazing how gentle Talulah can be when she tries!
I'm stronger than you.....

See!

We had a gorgeous day here on Thursday with a chance for some sunbathing and exploring.....
One day when I grow up...

I was found under a gooseberry bush!
Exploring her new garden
I've got a toy.....
......do you want to play with me?


River had a huge day of learning.  When I consider what her life had consisted of until Monday morning, I understand why her eyes are full of wonder, and why she sits back and takes it all in.  It's quite a change.  The air is different, as are the sounds, the sights, the feel of the ground under her, the company, even the food to some extent.  When the big dogs got their venison this morning, she was obviously hungry, but so intent on watching them that she didn't see the chicken wing I was waving around.  When I waved it past her nose it was like hooking a fish.  Full attention!  She scoffed it - and looked for more.  But I am careful not to overfeed a pup - causes too many problems.

Yum!

Who needs Dentastix?

She got her feet wet - didn't bother her. And she has discovered horse poo!!! I let my dogs eat it as they wish as it is a good source of easily digested nutrients for them. I expected River to eat some, but no - she threw herself into it and had a good old roll in it! Guess what - I didn't have the camera with me, but I am quite sure we have plenty of photo opportunities for that particular activity......

And she met five new people, no, six - plus a few ponies and the lawnmower.  She wasn't sure about the last two - but no harm came to her so she hasn't had a bad experience.  She also had her first "proper walk" - all 200m of it.  The big ones are wondering when I will take them for a decent walk again!
Whew!  That was some day... night night....until supper time, that is.


















No comments:

Post a Comment