Wednesday 8 October 2014

Model Behaviour

River is proving to be an impossible patient.  She doesn't understand "take it easy", "rest" or "slow down".  Probably my fault entirely as I have always been able to indulge her appetite for activity and need for speed.  In hindsight, I suppose I should have worked on the self-control - but, hey-ho!

She is still leaping around despite the wound in her flank - she seems oblivious to it.  Fortunately it is in a place that doesn't come under too much stress with movement.  We are, however, keeping away from the water, and I am trying my best to keep it clean, and also to stop her nattering at it.  As a result, we have decided to promote our own fashion-wear for dogs.

We have the boob tube - ideal for the active dog who needs to avoid loose fitting clothing that might snag on fences or bramble bushes.



Then we have the leisure wear - a loose fitting t-shirt enabling air flow and restriction free movement - unless you stand on the trailing bit, of course - for wearing around the house.





Okay, so they won't make the dog-walk!  The boob tube should be useful again as my neckwarmer/hat, but I think this t-shirt has seen better days and its next port of call will be the rag bag - or perhaps I should keep it as insurance against further injury......

1 comment:

  1. Just thinking about what injury can possibly slow River down, is giving me a headache!
    You do the best you can Jan. And that there is still a good airflow around the wound and she can't investigate it, makes this a good solution.
    All the best, and get well soon!

    ReplyDelete