Tuesday 14 October 2014

The Demise of the Peace Lily

Talulah is not my favourite dog tonight.........

I had a large and beautiful peace lily, which sat, in its over-sized cup and saucer style pot, on a wooden Victorian plant stand.

Space is at a premium in my little house, and all the clean, spare dog blankets were stored under the plant stand.  When ever I come home from somewhere, Talulah likes to greet me with something in her mouth - sometimes it is my slippers, other times a ball, or an item of laundry - sometimes it is a collection of some or all of these things.


Tonight, however, when I came home from the drama club meeting, Talulah decided to bring me a blanket.  There was one she could easily have picked up - the little green one with Santa Claus printed all over it.  But no, she decided she would bring me a special one - a carefully folded one that had been put under the plant stand.  

As I opened the door I heard an almighty crash and once I had greeted the dogs, I went to investigate. The peace lily, it's pot and soil and stand were spread over several square metres of the carpet, a blanket pulled half way out from between the legs of the stand.  "Oh for F***'s sake" I said, at which utterance all three dogs shot out into the conservatory and to the garden beyond.  I didn't need to try to work out who was the guilty party - the evidence was there on the floor, and in the sheepish look on Talulah's face.

I guess it was a stupid place to keep the blankets.

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't help but laugh, I am sure you did too. So, you were saying, it was you, that went to drama class? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I just shook my head in despair, but I wasn't really mad. She would certainly win awards for enthusiasm.

      Delete