Tuesday 27 September 2011

The Puppy Has Indeed Landed

Oh my goodness, what a long journey that was!!!  It started at 3.00am on Sunday morning when I woke up and decided to just get up and get going rather than trying to get another half hour's sleep.  I managed to get up and sneak around without disturbing the dogs or Chris, who very kindly came to doggysit for me.  The first leg was to Kilbarchan to meet up with Craig, another Hovie owner who was also going to get a puppy, and his family friend, Ann. The journey down to Surrey was pretty clear, uneventful, and we were there by 4.00pm.  That was the easy part!

When we arrived Val and Steve put the kettle on and we went out to see the pups.  Craig had already been to see them a few weeks before and chosen his pup - a gorgeous little blond bombshell - but I hadn't been able to do that.  Val and Steve had sussed out the pups and decided that the little black bitch was the best one to fit in with my other dogs - I was happy with this as my first choice was a black bitch.  So far, so good.  However, when I met her, I didn't feel the connection I had hoped to feel - some of you may think I was looking too deep, or expecting too much too soon, but the problem was that I really liked the little black and gold girl!  My heart wasn't sinking exactly, but something wasn't right.  It was only over dinner, and a couple of glasses of wine that loosened the tongues that Val let it out that she had really struggled to make the decision, and that she was really fond of the little black one.  Had she not mentioned it, I wouldn't have said anything, but there was my opportunity! So the conversation was opened and I left them to talk it over.  By morning, we had swapped puppies - part of what swayed the decision was that the little black and gold had eaten one of my earrings.......

Paperwork done, we made to set off - Val was in tears, I was in tears, Ann was in tears, my puppy was screaming and Craig was wondering about all these over emotional females.  With that, the journey from hell began.......

More tomorrow, but for now, I need a glass of wine and an early night!




I'll get you....

And I'll get you back....

And I'll flatten you.....

All this play is hard work

Are you my mummy?

She had a certain look in her eye when she looked at me - a wisdom beyond her nine weeks.

Little black pup - now staying behind

Little blonde bombshell - now called Tilly

First photograph at her new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment