Wednesday 30 January 2013

Hovawarts and Housework.......

.............. are like oil and water - they don't mix.  I often chastise myself for not doing more housework and my usual excuse is that I do a lot of cleaning work in my job, and whilst I have great intentions of cleaning my own house on getting home, somehow the enthusiasm fades on the short journey back - there is always something more interesting or enjoyable to do.

But the reality is that I constantly ask the question "why bother?"  As fast as I clean up, the dogs come in and make a mess again.  By the time I have done the length of the sitting room with the Dyson, I turn around to find that River has chewed another log from the basket leaving bits of wood on the fireside rug.  Or Talulah waltzes in with dirty feet leaving muddy paw prints on the carpet, or Tussock has just shaken herself leaving a fine layer of hair to replace the one I have just cleaned up.

Thank you Talulah!

On more than one occasion I have wondered what might happen if I never vacuumed up the dog hair - will it form a thick layer and felt itself together making a new carpet to which fibres are constantly added.  I haven't been brave enough to try it yet!

Tussock does help in her own way, by standing patiently until remember to use the nozzle on her - I didn't teach her that; she learnt from old Sisko!


Direct Route from Dog to Dyson
Talulah has only recently discovered that it is rather nice to have that done.  River, on the other hand, still believes that this nozzle is out to kill her, but being the brave girl that she is, comes in pouncing, and snarling, determined to grab it and shake it to death rather like a she-wolf going for a snake that is endangering her pups.


Sizing it up......


and going for the kill.
I do get a bit fed up when it gets too messy, and I am a little embarrassed if someone comes to visit and I haven't vacuumed for a day or three.  But I do question why I should feel like that.  After all, people with children have sticky fingerprints all over the house, people who smoke have houses that stink of stale cigarette smoke,   My weakness is my dogs so why worry about a bit of dog hair?

We'll talk about the mud another day.........




5 comments:

  1. We tidied the house up quite nicely the other day, and still our guests first left after brushing their clothes BEFORE they wanted to step in their car.
    Boy, am I going to have a surprise for them next time they visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Copper is also such a candidate.....he tries to kill the dyson and every broom and snow shovels.
    If we had as much money as we've doghairs.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, we hovawart owners would be very very rich!

      Delete
  3. You're not thinking of doing what I think you are thinking of doing?????

    ReplyDelete