Sunday 1 November 2015

Skara


Hello everyone.  My name is Skara and I am the latest addition to the Wolfe Pack and I am 13 weeks old.  Apparently I am an unplanned baby, whatever that means.  I don't care if I was planned or not - I think I am going to like it here.  I am having so much fun and I just thought I would pop in and tell you about my day.....

It was a lovely sunny day today, and we spent most of it outside and I learned loads -

  • I learned that earth worms are delicious and a very useful between-meals-snack.  Mum has warned me that if I eat slugs, she will send me back to Ireland.
  • I learned not to put my feet in the way of mum's feet - she is really big and heavy and it hurts when she stands on me.  She did kiss my foot better, and I took the opportunity to give her a love bite on her nose.  She called me a little git.
  • Talulah taught me to poke around in the wood pile for mice.  I don't know what mice are yet, but Talulah tells me I will find one sooner or later, or that mum will give me one out of a trap at work.
  • If I bark, then all the big girls go rushing up the path to the gate - all barking with big deep voices.  What fun!  Then mum has to go shush them up.  Even more fun!
  • Getting under the sofa in the conservatory is much easier than getting out.
  • Fire wood is great to run round the garden with, and great to pull to pieces.  Mum says she would rather I chew on a log than on a bit of furniture.
  • I now understand why mum squashes flies with magazines - when I was having my after dinner nap, one was buzzing round my head - REALLY annoying.
  • Horses are VERY big - but their poo is very tasty - another useful snack.
  • I met a "hose" for the first time and it attacked me with cold water.  I hid under the car afterwards.  It wasn't my fault I got muddy - I just followed the big girls, and they took me through the boggiest bits just to get me into trouble.
  • River even played with me today - she chased me and I was scared!!!  I ran for cover until she had gone away.  Mum laughed.
  • The other girls get excited when mum gets out a big meat cleaver - I think I will in the future.  Mum had to "deal with a goose" and she gave me a taste.  YUM!
  • Mum says Sundays are a day of rest - not sure I believe THAT - I have been soooooooo busy today.  And now I am so tired.  I have had my tea, and now I am going to sleep all evening.
Bye for now.

PS Sorry that there are no pictures - mum says her camera is broken and she won't be able to take any pictures until about Tuesday.  xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Skara, Welcome to your new home. My name is Solly and I am a Hovawart and I am 13 in January - a very old lady compared with you! I have written articles in the Hovawart magazine titled 'Life as a Rehomed Hovie', parts 1 - 4. You are very lucky to be in a busy, loving household and I wish you a very happy and long life. Don't worry about being good - our Humans love us as we are! Love from Solly.

    ReplyDelete