Monday 23 November 2015

Turds and Travels

Well, that's another exciting week gone by with lots of things going on.  I am so excited I don't know where to start.

Okay.  Let's start with the bad bits.  I did get yelled at this week - mum caught me eating a bit of my own poo and shouted "NOooooooooooooooo" - and then she took it off me.  After that she followed me round and was virtually pulling it out of my bum before I could even sniff it let alone eat it!  But I had decided I didn't like it anyway and I haven't eaten any since.  I mean, I was only trying to help!  Mum goes round picking them up, so thought I would save her the trouble.  She still watches me, though and as soon as I sniff it, she says Ah-ah - but she doesn't seem to understand that we dogs need to sniff our poo and pee.  Ah, well, I suppose she is just a human after all.

Tussock had to go to the vet this week to have some lumps taken off - I kept biting at the one on her head, so mum decided she had been putting it off long enough.  Tussock isn't really grumpy with me, but she doesn't really play either - and she was really really quiet on Wednesday when she came home.  River and Talulah were a bit odd all day when Tussock was away - they couldn't be bothered with me.  And mum was a bit odd, too.  She wouldn't sit down for more than five minutes - she kept making another drink, and going to the loo.  Anyway - Tussock came home at the end of the day and everyone was really pleased to see her.

Now for the really exciting bit!  River and I went away for a weekend with mum - we were going to meet Grannie Annie before I get too big.  Grannie Annie loved me!  She thought I was very sweet with a lovely soft coat.  Grandfer was a bit gruff, but I think I won him over.  He said I seemed like a nice little dog.  

Oh!!!! And I forgot to tell you - I am allowed to sleep in the bedroom without the crate now!  Mum decided she couldn't be bothered pulling the crate upstairs at night so said she would see how I got on.  Of course I really behaved myself.  I did want to go on the bed, but River told me to piss off, so I though I had better not push my luck and I stayed on a bed on the floor.  Mum was pleased that I slept so well - and she slept well too as I wasn't rattling my crate all night.

The only thing I was a little bit in trouble for was chewing mum's knickers one night - and the next night I chewed her bra.  Well - I wasn't really in trouble - mum just tutted and said she really must be a bit tidier.  

Anyway, back to the weekend.  The very best thing that happened was that River played with me - proper play.  Grannie Annie has a nice big lawn that isn't muddy like ours and we could run and run and run.  At first I thought that River was trying to eat me - she is so big and ferocious, so I kept hiding in the rose bushes - but then they bit me, and I hid behind mum's legs.  But eventually I realised that River really did want to play - it was an awesome game.  




I chased her, and she chased me.  She let me leap at her, then bowled me over.








When she wanted a rest, she sat on me to keep me still.  Actually she wanted me to rest, and while sitting on me she was telling me that she is still bigger and stronger than me and I haven't to forget it.





I wasn't allowed to go for walks over the weekend - mum said I was getting enough exercise.  But she took River out on her own.  I was quite sad and sat and cried at the door until they came back.

On one morning, Mum went out and left us both - River was upset too, and wouldn't even play with me while she was gone.  We did have Grannie Annie for company, but we wanted mum.

Well, I think that's it.  We came home again tonight and then Talulah and Tussock came home - it was lovely to see them again.  The family is complete and I am happy.

Oooooh - almost forgot something else - there is a box in the corner of the main room in the house which has moving pictures and sounds.  There were dogs on it a few days ago, but I couldn't reach them.



One of my favourite games is sniffing mum's boots......

and sitting in her seat so that she has to stroke me before she moves me.....

And finally.............I managed to sleep on the sofa with River!!!!




Love you xxx

1 comment:

  1. now that is progress, I can see River and Skara being best buddies yet as she plays in that crazy way!

    ReplyDelete